- EVP Victoria Alonso Exits Marvel Studiosby Laurén Alexa on March 20, 2023 at 10:34 pm
The longtime studio executive, who helped grow the MCU into the most successful franchise in theatrical history over her nearly two-decade run, has left the company for reasons unknown.
- OPSIS Scores with VFX for Frito-Lay’s FIFA World Cup ‘Soccer or Football’ Commercialby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 20, 2023 at 7:41 pm
Director Michael Bay brought in the visual effects house on the spot, featuring soccer icon David Beckham and football legend Peyton Manning, to create some very “cheesy” Cheetos-munching debris, a CG ball smacking a chip bag, and generic stadium shots where all manner of branded signage, banners, flags, and video screen imagery had to be removed.
- Ingenuity Studios Appoints Juliet Tierney Executive Producerby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 20, 2023 at 6:30 pm
Based in the Los Angeles office, the animation, VFX and live-action producer will lead nationwide business development for Streamland Media’s visual effects division.
- The Monk Studios’ ‘The Adventures of Tumbi’ Coming to Annecy in Juneby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 20, 2023 at 5:53 pm
The Bangkok studio’s latest original, selected as a Mifa Campus 2023 finalist, is a co-production with Hong Kong toy design and manufacturer Unbox Industries.
- Preymaker Adds Senior Production Team Talentby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 20, 2023 at 4:03 pm
The cloud-based creative studio brings on Clairellen Wallin to support client/artist relationships and Mike Pullan to handle day to day project management and planning.
- CAFÉ Returns May 16 for 2nd Editionby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 17, 2023 at 7:37 pm
Hosted by the Quebec Film and Television Council, the Montréal-based event is now open for registration; this year’s focus is technology, creativity, and industry – wellness at work and inclusion.
- WATCH: Apple TV+ Drops All-New ‘Bad Luck Spot’ for St. Patrick’s Dayby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 17, 2023 at 6:48 pm
‘Luck’s hilarious hazmat bunnies get their own ‘spot’ in a new animated short starring Jane Fonda as ‘Babe the Dragon.’
- ‘RAID: Call of the Arbiter’ Animated Series Coming to YouTubeby Laurén Alexa on March 17, 2023 at 5:55 pm
Publisher Pixel United and Plarium have teamed to create the 3DCG video game-to-series adaptation of ‘RAID: Shadow Legends,’ which will air as 10, 5-minute shorts, premiering once a week starting May 18, 2023 on YouTube.
- Cyber Group Studios Expands Leadership Teamby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 17, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Michèle Massonnat promoted to Vice-President, Sales and Acquisition, and ex-Warner Bros. creative strategist Ben Abrass named Head of Digital.
- ‘Bugs Bunny at The Symphony’ Returning to Los Angelesby Debbie Diamond Sarto on March 17, 2023 at 3:02 pm
The film-and-orchestra concert comes to the Microsoft Theater this July, featuring 16 classic ‘Looney Tunes’ projected on a big screen with a live symphony orchestra conducted by Emmy Award winner George Daugherty; tickets go on sale March 17.